State media review: Rodong Sinmun launches new mobile-friendly website
An in-depth analysis of site redesign for smartphone users, forest fire warnings, an ice cream factory and more
North Korea’s main newspaper Rodong Sinmun debuted a new website this week featuring a mobile-friendly design, in what appears to be an effort to make state propaganda more accessible to citizens who have widely adopted smartphones over the past decade.
State television meteorologists warned of possible forest fires as dry weather continues, though the country does not appear to have a strong system in place for monitoring and extinguishing them.
Meanwhile, state media celebrated the opening of a new ice cream factory that it said Kim Jong Un “personally initiated” for the people, while
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 05Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 06State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 07Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 08North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau