State media review: North Korea warns that a hard rain’s a-gonna fall
An in-depth review of the start of monsoon season, a shoe factory visit, renovating a China-DPRK monument and more
NK Pro is seeking feedback about these weekly roundups on state media and how to make them more useful for readers. Please share your thoughts in a brief survey by clicking here.
North Korean state media focused on the weather this week, issuing warnings about heavy monsoon rains and calling for efforts to prevent damage to agriculture.
The country’s main news agency reported that China’s ambassador visited a shoe factory in Pyongyang, in what may be a sign of plans to resume exports of footwear for the first time in years.[p
- 01From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 02Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 03Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 04Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 05North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 06State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 07In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 08Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector