State media review: North Korea lambastes ROK ‘military collusion’ with Japan
An in-depth analysis of criticism of bilateral summit, praise for Russia’s war and meetings with China’s ambassador
NK Pro is seeking feedback about these weekly roundups on state media and how to make them more useful for readers. Please share your thoughts in a brief survey by clicking here.
North Korea issued its first public comments on the recent summit between South Korea’s Yoon Suk-yeol and Japan’s Fumio Kishida, criticizing Seoul for subservience to its former colonizer.
The Uriminzokkiri article railed against greater security coordination between the two countries, which have sought to improve ties while emphasizing the importance of sanctions against the DPRK and U.S. extended deterrence. [/p
- 01North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 02State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 03What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 04How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 05Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 06State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 07Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 08What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion