State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
An in-depth analysis of criticism of Yoon’s UN speech, Chongryon at Asian Games, fall harvest progress and more
North Korea condemned South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol this week for his criticism of Russia-DPRK relations in a recent speech at a U.N. General Assembly, disparaging him as a “diplomatic idiot” for slandering the recent summit between the countries’ two leaders.
Chongryon, a pro-North Korea organization in Tokyo, sent several young athletes to compete at the Asian Games as a part of North Korea’s national team, the Choson Sinbo reported. The outlet reported that the event will provide momentum for human exchange between ethnic Koreans in Japan and the DPRK.
State media focused
- 01Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 02Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 03Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 04North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 05State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 06In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 07Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector
- 08Reopening in slow motion: The growing risks of North Korea’s two-tiered scheme