State media review: North Korea chides Japan for raising alarm over missiles
An in-depth analysis of Mothers Day celebrations, martial arts diplomacy, DPRK dogs and more
North Korean media denounced Japan this week for participating in trilateral military drills and for issuing evacuation warnings over a recent missile launch, blaming Tokyo for a rise in hate crimes against ethnic Koreans in the country.
State propaganda also highlighted Mother’s Day on Wednesday, expressing gratitude for mothers but emphasizing that no mom can replace the “mother party.” The whole nation should thank Kim Jong Un for their well-being — much more than their parents — on the holiday, according to state media.
Meanwhile, Pyongyang gained membership to the World Karate Federation after nearly a
- 01State media review: North Korea to hold major political meeting to wrap up year
- 02From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 03Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 04Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 05Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 06North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 07State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 08In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far