State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship
An in-depth analysis of the USS Pueblo crisis, Kim Jong Un’s two favorite schools, Lunar New Year festivities and more
State media celebrated the capture of the USS Pueblo 55 years ago this week, publishing articles about the Cold War incident and airing the testimony of a veteran who helped seize the American ship.
The Rodong Sinmun ran a lengthy article extolling North Korea’s great victory over the U.S. and its fleet of spy ships, while threatening to eliminate “invaders” who attempt to interfere in the country’s affairs.
State media also reported that the ruling party’s Central Committee sent gifts to the Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and Kang Pan Sok Revolutionary School that
- 01From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 02Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 03Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 04Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 05North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 06State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 07In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 08Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector