State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship
An in-depth analysis of the USS Pueblo crisis, Kim Jong Un’s two favorite schools, Lunar New Year festivities and more
State media celebrated the capture of the USS Pueblo 55 years ago this week, publishing articles about the Cold War incident and airing the testimony of a veteran who helped seize the American ship.
The Rodong Sinmun ran a lengthy article extolling North Korea’s great victory over the U.S. and its fleet of spy ships, while threatening to eliminate “invaders” who attempt to interfere in the country’s affairs.
State media also reported that the ruling party’s Central Committee sent gifts to the Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and Kang Pan Sok Revolutionary School that
- 01State media review: North Korea hints at imminent space launch
- 02With warhead inspection, Kim Jong Un flaunts confidence in tactical nukes
- 03Why North Korea’s ‘radioactive tsunami’ weapon may just be a bluff
- 04How sanctions contribute to North Korea’s humanitarian distress
- 05State media review: North Korea calls denuclearization a ‘declaration of war’
- 06Why North Korea and the Philippines view each other with mutual distrust
- 07North Korea’s new silo-based missile raises risk of prompt preemptive strikes
- 08Why normalizing US-North Korea relations is a prerequisite for denuclearization