State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
An in-depth analysis of the latest letter between Beijing and Pyongyang, an ‘anti-honking’ law, medicine expo and more
North Korean state media this week boasted of a letter Chinese leader Xi Jinping sent to Kim Jong Un thanking the DPRK leader for his congratulations in October on Xi continuing his grip on power.
State media also covered a health and medicine expo that revealed thousands of new medicines and medical equipment, as well as a first-of-its-kind look at a disinfection facility in the northeast port city of Chongjin.
Meanwhile, the cabinet-run newspaper Minju Joson carried explanations on various traffic laws that include no honking within city limits and further restricts freedom of movement
- 01What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 02How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 03Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 04State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 05Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 06What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 07How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 08Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea