State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
An in-depth analysis of the latest letter between Beijing and Pyongyang, an ‘anti-honking’ law, medicine expo and more
North Korean state media this week boasted of a letter Chinese leader Xi Jinping sent to Kim Jong Un thanking the DPRK leader for his congratulations in October on Xi continuing his grip on power.
State media also covered a health and medicine expo that revealed thousands of new medicines and medical equipment, as well as a first-of-its-kind look at a disinfection facility in the northeast port city of Chongjin.
Meanwhile, the cabinet-run newspaper Minju Joson carried explanations on various traffic laws that include no honking within city limits and further restricts freedom of movement
- 01North Korea demolishes homes around suspected nuclear site: Imagery
- 02Timeline: From North Korean satellite launch to Yoon-Kishida summit in Seoul
- 03State media review: North Korea says ‘no reason’ it can’t meet with Japan
- 04North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 05What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 06North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 07Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot
- 08State media review: North Korea provides a front-row seat to anti-Yoon protests