State media review: Kim Jong Un snaps a photo with pro-military ‘activists’
An in-depth analysis of efforts to promote national defense, a meeting on reforestation, Kim Jong Il’s birthday and more
North Korean state media reported that Kim Jong Un took a photo with “patriotic” military families who were invited to the country’s latest military parade, underscoring the event’s message of building up national defenses.
A new TV program encouraged workers to construct high-quality houses, as Kim Jong Un joined events to open construction on a new street of apartments and a greenhouse farm.
The DPRK’s cabinet held a meeting to review progress on the country’s reforestation campaign, attended by premier Kim Tok Hun and defense minister Kang Sun Nam. This military
- 01State media review: North Korea hints at imminent space launch
- 02With warhead inspection, Kim Jong Un flaunts confidence in tactical nukes
- 03Why North Korea’s ‘radioactive tsunami’ weapon may just be a bluff
- 04How sanctions contribute to North Korea’s humanitarian distress
- 05State media review: North Korea calls denuclearization a ‘declaration of war’
- 06Why North Korea and the Philippines view each other with mutual distrust
- 07North Korea’s new silo-based missile raises risk of prompt preemptive strikes
- 08Why normalizing US-North Korea relations is a prerequisite for denuclearization