State media review: DPRK accuses Yoon of ‘scheming’ over 2019 defector incident
An in-depth analysis of criticism of the Yoon administration, Kim Il Sung’s birthday celebrations, heavy rains and more
This week, North Korean propaganda websites slammed South Korea’s Yoon Suk-yeol administration for its investigations into two DPRK-related cases under the previous government, accusing Yoon of using political tactics to stir up controversies.
Domestic state media reported on a special workshop held last week. It released group photos of Kim Jong Un and attendees, none of whom were wearing masks — an indication of the country’s confidence in stabilizing the pandemic crisis.
State media has continued to claim the COVID-19 outbreak in the country originated from “alien objects” near the inter-Korean border, with the
- 01Why North Korea and the Philippines view each other with mutual distrust
- 02North Korea’s new silo-based missile raises risk of prompt preemptive strikes
- 03Why normalizing US-North Korea relations is a prerequisite for denuclearization
- 04North Korean planes active at Pyongyang airport hours after runway missile test
- 05North Korea using US-ROK drills as cover to carry out missile tests, experts say
- 06State media review: North Korea says rusty American bombs threaten capital
- 07Why the US might not actually try to shoot down a North Korean ICBM over Pacific
- 08Huge swath of Pyongyang under construction after state mobilized young people
- 09How North Korea’s submarine-launched cruise missiles ratchet up risk of conflict
- 10North Korea’s solid-fuel missile salvo sends clear message to US, ROK