Singapore investigating OCN / T-Specialist on North Korea sanctions: MFA
Company first named by NK Pro now using same law firm as Chinpo Shipping
Singapore is investigating companies identified last year by NK Pro for playing a role in helping North Korea evade international sanctions, authorities there confirmed late last week.
“Investigations into OCN and T-Specialist are ongoing,” a Singaporean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) spokesperson told NK Pro.
It is unclear, however, when the investigation started or when it may finish.
“We are unable to provide additional details while investigations are ongoing,” they added.
Singapore’s pick-up of the case follows United Nations Panel of Experts’ investigation into the two companies, and in March
- 01How Switzerland could help China re-engage North Korea and the world
- 02Cigarettes over medicine? Tobacco imports to North Korea lead trade with China
- 03US Treasury’s sanctions review: What it means for North Korea policy
- 04North Korea pulls back the curtain on current and future weapon technologies
- 05What ‘economic development’ means to Kim Jong Un
- 06As China burns through coal, North Korea steps in to fill the gap
- 07After years in hiding, a North Korean ship shows its true colors
- 08New missiles and Kim Jong Un idolatry dominate ‘Self-Defense-2021’ expo