Singapore investigating OCN / T-Specialist on North Korea sanctions: MFA
Company first named by NK Pro now using same law firm as Chinpo Shipping
Singapore is investigating companies identified last year by NK Pro for playing a role in helping North Korea evade international sanctions, authorities there confirmed late last week.
“Investigations into OCN and T-Specialist are ongoing,” a Singaporean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) spokesperson told NK Pro.
It is unclear, however, when the investigation started or when it may finish.
“We are unable to provide additional details while investigations are ongoing,” they added.
Singapore’s pick-up of the case follows United Nations Panel of Experts’ investigation into the two companies, and in March
- 01What a recent funeral in North Korea says about leadership in Pyongyang
- 02Why Biden and Yoon’s vow to bolster deterrence won’t alter North Korea’s course
- 03North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 04State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 05Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 06Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 07What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 08State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea
- 09New leader means new uncertainties and nuclear dangers on Korean Peninsula
- 10East Asia is changing. So should the way Washington, Seoul and Tokyo cooperate.