Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01Iranian nuclear scientist’s death will likely fuel North Korean fears of the US
- 02Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
- 03North Korea is on a crusade against drugs, crime and ‘capitalist culture’
- 04Timeline: From Pyongyang’s election silence to trade dips and Politburo meetings
- 05Why the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist can’t inform North Korea policy
- 06Biden’s win is a bad omen for China — and that will strain the two Koreas
- 07Where Biden’s top foreign policy picks stand on North Korea
- 08Empty shelves and food shortages: Why things are looking grim in North Korea