Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01State media review: North Korea says ‘no reason’ it can’t meet with Japan
- 02North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 03What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 04North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 05Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot
- 06State media review: North Korea provides a front-row seat to anti-Yoon protests
- 07By linking radars, ROK and Japan reduce blind spots around North Korean missiles
- 08Poker face: North Korea tries new strategy in crackdown on ‘bluffing’ and lying