Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01Japan’s next leader has a chance to reshape the country’s North Korea policy
- 02After military parade, Kim Jong Un takes another two-week break from public view
- 03The contentious field of North Korean studies: Schools of thought and divisions
- 04NK Pro briefing: Why satellite imagery plays a critical role in DPRK research
- 05North Korean disinfection zone still not operating despite activity: imagery
- 06North Korea’s new train-launched missiles are impressive, but not a game-changer
- 07With foreign minister’s visit, China seeks to coax Seoul away from US
- 08South Korea’s new SLBMs are a signal to North Korea and the United States