Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01How sanctions failed to stop North Korea from developing dangerous weapons tech
- 02‘Growing scope’ of North Korean nuclear weapons shown in unpublished UN report
- 03Photos: Shops, restaurants and Sinuiju port – a view from Dandong in July
- 04Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
- 05Why Lee In-young may be the most vocal and successful unification minister yet
- 06North Korean ships spotted returning to old coal smuggling routes near Vietnam
- 07North Korea in July 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08North Korea’s first suspected COVID-19 case sparks joy and censorship in China