Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01What a recent funeral in North Korea says about leadership in Pyongyang
- 02Why Biden and Yoon’s vow to bolster deterrence won’t alter North Korea’s course
- 03North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 04State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 05Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 06Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 07What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 08State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea