Shoddy construction on display at Sinuiju riverside high-rise construction site
Work appeared active in late March, photos show
Construction work on a large high-rise building in the North Korean border city of Sinuiju appears to be ongoing, recent photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, though the quality of the work hints that corners are being cut and safety standards are being compromised.
Lying directly across from the popular Yalu River Broken Bridge tourist spot in Dandong, the ornate building reminiscent of a ringed planet or atom is set to house apartments intended as gifts for local scientists, sources told NK News last year.
Close-up images of the building’s facade reveal, however, that
- 01Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 02Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 03Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 04North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 05North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 06Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 07North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world