Satellite imagery reveals Ryomyong Street construction progress
Progress being made on several construction projects as 7th Party Congress approaches
Satellite imagery obtained exclusively by NK News has revealed details of the large-scale redevelopments currently taking place along Ryomyong Street in Pyongyang.
The construction project was ordered by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and it began following a ground-breaking ceremony covered by state media on April 3.
The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reports on the project revealed that new apartment buildings, public service buildings and amenities are currently being constructed, which have been ordered to be completed in time for the upcoming 7th Party Congress set for May 6.
The most obvious development
- 01Timeline: from Kim Jong Un’s reappearance to an exchange of gunfire at the DMZ
- 02North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 03Schrödinger’s sanctions: South Korea plays down the May 24th Measures
- 04Is North Korea privatizing its housing supply? In Rason, partially, yes
- 05At North Korean military meeting, nuclear and personnel issues take precedence
- 06North Korea’s military meets: a renewed focus on nuclear command and control
- 07Fail to prepare, prepare to fail: getting ready for instability in North Korea
- 08What the latest U.S. sanctions advisory means for North Korean operations at sea