Pyongyang’s Spring Trade Fair: Emerging trends and developments
In-depth analysis of spring trade fair shows trending areas in DPRK economy, weak sanctions implementation
North Korea’s annual trade fairs are notable for providing both participants and observers a unique opportunity to gain a detailed understanding of emerging economic trends and consumer developments inside the country.
Furthermore, due to the all-encompassing nature of the international sanctions regime, they also provide a means to understand how policies designed to stimulate DPRK denuclearization are, and are not, having impact on the ground.
Though NK Pro has already published a number of news and analyses about aspects of the recently-held Spring Pyongyang International Trade Fair, a holistic review of the entire event
- 01After Kim’s Paektu visit, North Korea strongly hints at looming hard-line move
- 02What to make of Kim Jong Un’s impromptu visit to Mount Paektu this week
- 03On party founding anniversary, North Korea bolsters Kim Jong Un’s leadership
- 04Fueling the country: tracking North Korea’s growing number of gas stations
- 05North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
- 06“New ways of calculation”: Kim Myong Gil’s Stockholm press conference, in full
- 07The DPRK foreign ministry’s readout of Stockholm talks: key takeaways
- 08Why U.S.-North Korea talks in Sweden fell apart — and what might happen next