Pro-North Korea website details how the country achieved “bumper crop” in 2019
Article in Tokyo-based Choson Sinbo seeks to bolster claims by Kim Jong Un at December party plenum
The website of the Tokyo-based Choson Sinbo on January 20 carried a “Meari” column by “Jong” and an article attributed to the Choson Sinbo Pyongyang Bureau, both reiterating North Korea’s “unprecedented bumper crop” in 2019.
The column attributes this harvest outcome to an “integrated production system” that North Korea started rolling out in cooperative farms.
The article features “Work-Team No. 1 in Bukji Cooperative Farm” in Jaeryong County, South Hwanghae Province, for emerging from an underdog to a team that “broke the best record in per-jongbo [farmland measurement unit in North Korea] grain production over the past
- 01Pyongyang offices for rent with global communication, stable power “guaranteed”
- 02Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 03Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 04Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 05North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 06North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 07Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 08North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead