Photos reveal ongoing work on residential high-rise project near Kim Il Sung Square
New apartments will likely house government officials, says defector
Work on multiple high-rise buildings under construction near Kim Il Sung Square has seen significant progress in the last few months, photos acquired by NK Pro show.
In March, the new buildings, five in total, remained in a largely skeletal state. But images taken in June showed that the two buildings are now fully painted, with progress underway on a third.
As they are located in the central area surrounded by the DPRK’s major government offices, the residences will most likely be occupied by the government officials and their families, a former resident of
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 05Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 06State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 07Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 08North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau