Photos reveal ongoing work on residential high-rise project near Kim Il Sung Square
New apartments will likely house government officials, says defector
Work on multiple high-rise buildings under construction near Kim Il Sung Square has seen significant progress in the last few months, photos acquired by NK Pro show.
In March, the new buildings, five in total, remained in a largely skeletal state. But images taken in June showed that the two buildings are now fully painted, with progress underway on a third.
As they are located in the central area surrounded by the DPRK’s major government offices, the residences will most likely be occupied by the government officials and their families, a former resident of
- 01North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 02How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 03With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 04State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 05North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 06Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 07The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 08Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery