Photos reveal ongoing work on residential high-rise project near Kim Il Sung Square
New apartments will likely house government officials, says defector
Work on multiple high-rise buildings under construction near Kim Il Sung Square has seen significant progress in the last few months, photos acquired by NK Pro show.
In March, the new buildings, five in total, remained in a largely skeletal state. But images taken in June showed that the two buildings are now fully painted, with progress underway on a third.
As they are located in the central area surrounded by the DPRK’s major government offices, the residences will most likely be occupied by the government officials and their families, a former resident of
- 01Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 02Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 03North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 04North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 05Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 06North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 07How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world
- 08What to expect at a potential North Korean military parade next month