North Korea’s movers and shakers meet: notable developments at the 14th SPA
Personnel reshuffles dominated DPRK's legislature first meeting on Thursday
North Korea’s First Session of the 14th SPA began on April 11, marking the first multiple-day parliamentary session since 2000.
It was preceded by two consecutive party meetings on April 9 and 10, where the party leadership discussed domestic political and economic issues and reshuffled party ranking members.
As recapitulated in today’s NK News article, the ongoing SPA discussed four agenda items: 1) election of the DPRK State Affairs Commission (SAC); 2) election of DPRK state leading organs; 3) amending and revising the DPRK socialist constitution; and 4) summing up the state budget execution for 2018 and reviewing the state budget for
- 01Japan’s next leader has a chance to reshape the country’s North Korea policy
- 02After military parade, Kim Jong Un takes another two-week break from public view
- 03The contentious field of North Korean studies: Schools of thought and divisions
- 04NK Pro briefing: Why satellite imagery plays a critical role in DPRK research
- 05North Korean disinfection zone still not operating despite activity: imagery
- 06North Korea’s new train-launched missiles are impressive, but not a game-changer
- 07With foreign minister’s visit, China seeks to coax Seoul away from US
- 08South Korea’s new SLBMs are a signal to North Korea and the United States