North Korea’s movers and shakers meet: notable developments at the 14th SPA
Personnel reshuffles dominated DPRK's legislature first meeting on Thursday
North Korea’s First Session of the 14th SPA began on April 11, marking the first multiple-day parliamentary session since 2000.
It was preceded by two consecutive party meetings on April 9 and 10, where the party leadership discussed domestic political and economic issues and reshuffled party ranking members.
As recapitulated in today’s NK News article, the ongoing SPA discussed four agenda items: 1) election of the DPRK State Affairs Commission (SAC); 2) election of DPRK state leading organs; 3) amending and revising the DPRK socialist constitution; and 4) summing up the state budget execution for 2018 and reviewing the state budget for
- 01What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 02North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 03At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 04October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 05How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 06How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity
- 07North Korean moderates need their power back — or nuclear talks won’t succeed
- 08From planes to stallions: North Korea’s Air Koryo breaks into the horse business