North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
Customized VIP bus was used in August missile tests, while SUVs dominated domestic travel
A customized luxury bus used by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during a series of August 2019 weapons tests has been revealed to be made by Japanese automaker Toyota, according to previously unseen footage included in a new film released by DPRK state media this month.
The film, which followed Kim throughout his 2019 appearances, also revealed he and potentially other top officials in his entourage used multiple SUVs from Toyota’s luxury Lexus brand, in addition to one identified by NK Pro last November.
A new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 was also identified by NK Pro the
- 01North Korean nuclear and missile testing: A move away from US national holidays?
- 02How US-ROK response missile launches bolster deterrence against North Korea
- 03Moon’s legacy limits Yoon’s options for information warfare against North Korea
- 04Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 05State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 06Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 07North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 08Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament