North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
Customized VIP bus was used in August missile tests, while SUVs dominated domestic travel
A customized luxury bus used by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during a series of August 2019 weapons tests has been revealed to be made by Japanese automaker Toyota, according to previously unseen footage included in a new film released by DPRK state media this month.
The film, which followed Kim throughout his 2019 appearances, also revealed he and potentially other top officials in his entourage used multiple SUVs from Toyota’s luxury Lexus brand, in addition to one identified by NK Pro last November.
A new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 was also identified by NK Pro the
- 01Pyongyang offices for rent with global communication, stable power “guaranteed”
- 02Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 03Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 04Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 05North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 06North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 07Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 08North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead