North Korea moves to next stage of military parade preparation: Imagery
Trucks appear to gather at key military parade training base as signs point to April event
North Korea is stepping up preparations for an upcoming military parade, NK Pro imagery analysis shows, as vehicles have appeared to gather at a key training base in Pyongyang.
The ruling party has used such parades to boost internal resolve and show off new weapons to domestic and international audiences in the past. A likely date for the upcoming military parade is April 15, the 110th birthday of North Korea’s founding leader Kim Il Sung, which state media has said will be celebrated on a “grand” scale.
In the latest satellite imagery from Planet Labs
- 01State media review: North Korea says ‘no reason’ it can’t meet with Japan
- 02North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 03What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 04North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 05Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot
- 06State media review: North Korea provides a front-row seat to anti-Yoon protests
- 07By linking radars, ROK and Japan reduce blind spots around North Korean missiles
- 08Poker face: North Korea tries new strategy in crackdown on ‘bluffing’ and lying