North Korea in September 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from September 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of September 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in October.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].North Koreans performing martial arts | Image: NK Pro (Sept
- 01North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 02State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 03In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 04Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector
- 05Reopening in slow motion: The growing risks of North Korea’s two-tiered scheme
- 06North Korea’s election reforms are not the first time voters have had a choice
- 07How North Korea’s move to scrap military deal raises risk of conflict with South
- 08State media review: North Korea extols ‘heroic’ moms raising soldiers for regime
- 09How North Korea’s successful satellite launch could raise tensions in near term
- 10North Korea’s new spy satellite could prevent conflict, but also abet attacks