North Korea in September 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the September 1-30 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between September 1 and September 30.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in October.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]EXECUTIVE SUMMARY ECONOMY: MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT, TWO TRADE FAIRS, AND NOTABLE DATA SPIKES Section by
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 02State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 03Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 04North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 05Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament
- 06State media review: Pro-DPRK media says tensions may cause ‘unpredictable event’
- 07North Korea’s largest-ever banknote signals changes underfoot in monetary system
- 08North Korea careens from floods to drought, straining an already fragile system