North Korea in October 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from October 1, 2023 to October 31, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of Oct. 1, 2023 to Oct. 31, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A parade in Pyongyang, North Korea | Image: NK Pro (Sept. 9, 2018) EXECUTIVE
- 01How North Korean support for Russia and Hamas compels Seoul to pivot West
- 02State media review: North Korea to hold major political meeting to wrap up year
- 03From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 04Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 05Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 06Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 07North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 08State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal