North Korea in November 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from November 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of Nov. 1, 2023 to Nov. 30, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in December.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].The Pyongyang Metro | Image: NK Pro (Oct. 6, 2016) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 02How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 03Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 04State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 05Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 06What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 07How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 08Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea