North Korea in May 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from May 1, 2023 to May 31, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of May 1, 2023 to May 31, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A North Korean woman in Pyongyang | Image: NK Pro (April 22, 2017) EXECUTIVE
- 01Russia obscures North Korea arms trade by moving operation out of military port
- 02How great power competition is shaping North Korea’s grand strategy
- 03Why talks on North Korea’s nuclear program still can’t get off the ground
- 04North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 05State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 06What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 07How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 08Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities