North Korea in May 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from May 1, 2022 to May 31, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of May 1, 2022 to May 31, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]North Koreans enjoying a picnic in Pyongyang | Image: NK
- 01The tragedy of the commons: Natural resource dilemmas in North Korea
- 02Timeline: From North Korea’s mammoth ICBM launch to Kim Jong Un’s daughter
- 03State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
- 04Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 05Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 06FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 07North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 08State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes