North Korea in June 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from June 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of June 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in July.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]North Korean military personnel | Image: NK Pro (April 15, 2017)[/p
- 01How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 02With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 03State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 04North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 05Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 06The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 07Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery
- 08How boost-phase missile defenses could help combat North Korean threats