North Korea in June 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from June 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of June 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in July.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A North Korean woman in Pyongyang | Image: Eric Lafforgue (Sept. 7, 2008) EXECUTIVE
- 01North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 02Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 03State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 04Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 05North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau
- 06RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East
- 07What the North Korean Red Guards’ new toys reveal about military modernization
- 08State media review: North Koreans ‘pine for’ Kim Jong Un as he travels abroad
- 09Bending the rules: How Russia could justify helping North Korea’s space program
- 10At cosmodrome, Kim Jong Un and Putin set stage for greater confrontation with US