North Korea in July 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from July 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of July 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in August.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Image: Eric Lafforgue (May 2010) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
INTER-KOREAN: NORTH-SOUTH HOTLINES
- 01North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 02State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 03Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 04Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 05What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 06State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea
- 07New leader means new uncertainties and nuclear dangers on Korean Peninsula
- 08East Asia is changing. So should the way Washington, Seoul and Tokyo cooperate.