North Korea in July 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the July 1 and July 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between July 1 and July 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in August.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pier at Wonsan bay | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
WMD: NORTH KOREA LAUNCHES TWO PROJECTILE SALVOS
- 01After Kim’s Paektu visit, North Korea strongly hints at looming hard-line move
- 02What to make of Kim Jong Un’s impromptu visit to Mount Paektu this week
- 03On party founding anniversary, North Korea bolsters Kim Jong Un’s leadership
- 04Fueling the country: tracking North Korea’s growing number of gas stations
- 05North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
- 06“New ways of calculation”: Kim Myong Gil’s Stockholm press conference, in full
- 07The DPRK foreign ministry’s readout of Stockholm talks: key takeaways
- 08Why U.S.-North Korea talks in Sweden fell apart — and what might happen next