North Korea in January 2024: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from January 1, 2024 to January 31, 2024
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of Jan. 1, 2024 to Jan. 31, 2024.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at several events likely to create news in January.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].North Koreans cheer as a tank rolls by during an Army Day
- 01How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 02Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 03State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 04Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 05What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 06How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 07Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea
- 08State media review: North Korea set to open long-stalled hospital this year