North Korea in Jan. 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from Jan. 1, 2021 to Jan. 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of Jan. 1 to Jan. 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in February.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Skiers in North Korea | Image: NK Pro
- 01Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 02The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 03Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery
- 04How boost-phase missile defenses could help combat North Korean threats
- 05North Korea dismantling more South Korean tourism buildings at Mt. Kumgang
- 06State media review: North Korea claims Kim Il Sung ensured gender equality
- 07Chinese ships loiter near site of ship-to-ship transfers in North Korean waters
- 08Goods clearing out of North Korean disinfection zone 3 months after trade freeze