North Korea in Jan. 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from Jan. 1, 2021 to Jan. 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of Jan. 1 to Jan. 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in February.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].Skiers in North Korea | Image: NK Pro
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 05State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 06Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 07North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau
- 08RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East