North Korea in February 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from February 1, 2023 to February 28, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of February 1, 2023 to February 28, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in March.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].NK Pro (Jan. 10, 2018) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
WMD: MISSILE LAUNCHES INCLUDING HWASONG-
- 01North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 02How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 03North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 04Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 05State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 06Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 07North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau
- 08RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East