North Korea in February 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analysis of the main developments between February 1 and February 29
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between February 1 and February 29.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in March.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Ice-skating on a winter’s day in North Korea | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
HUMAN SECURITY / HUMAN
- 01How sanctions failed to stop North Korea from developing dangerous weapons tech
- 02‘Growing scope’ of North Korean nuclear weapons shown in unpublished UN report
- 03Photos: Shops, restaurants and Sinuiju port – a view from Dandong in July
- 04Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
- 05Why Lee In-young may be the most vocal and successful unification minister yet
- 06North Korean ships spotted returning to old coal smuggling routes near Vietnam
- 07North Korea in July 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08North Korea’s first suspected COVID-19 case sparks joy and censorship in China