North Korea in December 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from December 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of December 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in January.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A foreign tourist takes a picture of North Korean propaganda | Image
- 01Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 02Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 03FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 04North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 05State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 06What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test
- 07How non-defecting border crossers can bring change to North Korea
- 08Scorched Earth: How climate change could send North Korea up in flames