North Korea in August 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in September.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].The North Korean countryside | Image: NK Pro (Oct. 4, 2016) EXECUTIVE
- 01Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 02Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 03Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 04North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 05State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 06In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 07Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector
- 08Reopening in slow motion: The growing risks of North Korea’s two-tiered scheme