North Korea in August 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in September.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]The North Korean countryside | Image: NK Pro (Oct. 4, 2016)[/p
- 01Why North Korean state media remains silent about the Pyongyang lockdown
- 02State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship
- 03North Korea pushes ahead with military parade training despite virus lockdown
- 04North Korea’s parliament introduces first new speaker in nearly 2 years
- 05Inside the shadowy team of elite North Korean photographers covering Kim Jong Un
- 06North Korean soldiers spotted with sanctioned firm’s tech for first time
- 07How North Korean hackers could weaponize artificial intelligence like ChatGPT
- 08Japan wants stronger defenses against North Korea, but will citizens pay for it?