North Korea in April 2023: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from April 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of April 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].The Pyongyang Metro | Image: NK Pro (April 23, 2017) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector
- 02Reopening in slow motion: The growing risks of North Korea’s two-tiered scheme
- 03North Korea’s election reforms are not the first time voters have had a choice
- 04How North Korea’s move to scrap military deal raises risk of conflict with South
- 05State media review: North Korea extols ‘heroic’ moms raising soldiers for regime
- 06How North Korea’s successful satellite launch could raise tensions in near term
- 07North Korea’s new spy satellite could prevent conflict, but also abet attacks
- 08No signs North Korea testing advanced drones months after propaganda reveal