North Korea in April 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from April 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of April 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pyongyang, North Korea’s capital city | Image: NK Pro (file photo
- 01Why Biden and Yoon’s vow to bolster deterrence won’t alter North Korea’s course
- 02North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 03State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 04Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 05Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 06What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 07State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea
- 08New leader means new uncertainties and nuclear dangers on Korean Peninsula