North Korea in April 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from April 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of April 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pyongyang, North Korea’s capital city | Image: NK Pro (file photo
- 01State media review: North Korea says Kim Jong Un suffered during 1990s famine
- 02Exclusive images provide first look at North Korea’s newest skyscraper street
- 03Seoul will need more than impressive weapons to deter North Korean threats
- 04Chinese imports appear to fill North Korean quarantine zone after trade restart
- 05North Korea’s longest missile test to date points to new reentry vehicle
- 06Timeline: From new North Korean nuclear law to three rounds of missile tests
- 07How North Korea’s missile test over Japan could justify a seventh nuclear test
- 08North Korea could hold weapons expo this month, imagery suggests
- 09What to make of North Korea’s missile launching spree around Harris visit
- 10North Korean crops improve little despite Kim Jong Un’s food fixation