North Korea in May 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the May 1-May 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A resident of North Hwanghae province walks alongside farmland | Photo: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 02Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 03What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 04How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 05Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 06North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect
- 07North Korea in November 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08Context and translation: North Korean coverage of the November 28 weapons test