North Korea in May 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the May 1-May 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A resident of North Hwanghae province walks alongside farmland | Photo: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 02North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 03At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 04October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 05How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 06How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity
- 07North Korean moderates need their power back — or nuclear talks won’t succeed
- 08From planes to stallions: North Korea’s Air Koryo breaks into the horse business