North Korea in May 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the May 1-May 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A resident of North Hwanghae province walks alongside farmland | Photo: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
MILITARY: NORTH KOREA
- 01Why talks on North Korea’s nuclear program still can’t get off the ground
- 02North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 03State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 04What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 05How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 06Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 07State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 08Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans