North Korea in April 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the April 1- April 30 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between April 1 and April 30.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Two students walking the streets of Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: UNEVENTFUL RUSSIA
- 01What to make of North Korea’s missile launching spree around Harris visit
- 02North Korean crops improve little despite Kim Jong Un’s food fixation
- 03Annexing Ukraine’s land makes clear Russia won’t cooperate on North Korea
- 04State media review: Farmers rejoice after receiving new harvest equipment
- 05North Korea slips down the agenda at UN General Assembly
- 06Foreign liquors, cosmetics among sanctioned goods on sale in Pyongyang: Photos
- 07Why sanctioning Tornado Cash may do little to curtail North Korean cyber crime
- 08Giant new campus in Pyongyang is military institute, exclusive images suggest