North Korea in April 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the April 1- April 30 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between April 1 and April 30.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Two students walking the streets of Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: UNEVENTFUL RUSSIA
- 01Why Kim Jong Un’s letters probably don’t mean a shift in South Korea policy
- 02North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 03Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 04What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 05North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 06At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 07October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 08How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea