North Korea in April 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the April 1- April 30 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between April 1 and April 30.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Two students walking the streets of Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: UNEVENTFUL RUSSIA SUMMIT
- 01Timeline: From North Korean threats against South to soccer defeat to Japan
- 02State media review: Drought forecast raises risks to North Korean food security
- 03Russian ship rejoins North Korea weapons trade, only for operation to go on hold
- 04Russia obscures North Korea arms trade by moving operation out of military port
- 05How great power competition is shaping North Korea’s grand strategy
- 06Why talks on North Korea’s nuclear program still can’t get off the ground
- 07North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 08State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 09What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 10How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties