North Korea in April 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the April 1- April 30 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between April 1 and April 30.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Two students walking the streets of Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: UNEVENTFUL RUSSIA
- 01What to expect from Sino-DPRK trade as COVID-19 border measures ease
- 02Timeline: from Kim Jong Un’s reappearance to an exchange of gunfire at the DMZ
- 03North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Schrödinger’s sanctions: South Korea plays down the May 24th Measures
- 05Is North Korea privatizing its housing supply? In Rason, partially, yes
- 06At North Korean military meeting, nuclear and personnel issues take precedence
- 07North Korea’s military meets: a renewed focus on nuclear command and control
- 08Fail to prepare, prepare to fail: getting ready for instability in North Korea