New government offices under construction in Pyongyang, photos show
New building could be the result of the Seventh Congress of the Workers Party of Korea held in May, expert says
New multi-floor additional offices for the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly of the DPRK are currently underway in central Pyongyang, photos recently taken and exclusively acquired by NK Pro show.
“Additional Office for the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly of the DPRK,” banners on the project read.
The official English name of the building has not been revealed yet, as Pyongyang has remained silent on the issue.
Once finished, this new facility will most likely work to enhance Pyongyang’s diplomatic reach and lawmaking procedures, two elements crucial for
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 02State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 03Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 04North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 05Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament
- 06State media review: Pro-DPRK media says tensions may cause ‘unpredictable event’
- 07North Korea’s largest-ever banknote signals changes underfoot in monetary system
- 08North Korea careens from floods to drought, straining an already fragile system