New activity at Kim Jong Un’s private beach may signal visit to east coast
A military submarine base up the coast in Sinpho also saw renewed activity this week
A large, luxurious pool boat that Kim Jong Un once enjoyed with U.S. basketball star Dennis Rodman was moved back in front of Kim’s private beach in Wonsan on Monday, according to NK Pro analysis of satellite imagery, a sign the North Korean leader may soon travel to the east coast for pleasure or for economic or military inspections.
Sightings of Kim’s 60-meter (200 ft.) boat at his private beach have been a solid indicator of the DPRK leader’s location over the years, as Kim has made public appearances along the east coast near
- 01End of North Korean unification magazine another sign of friction on peninsula
- 02Layered cyber deterrence: A new US cyber strategy against North Korea
- 03FULL TEXT: North Korea’s Workers’ Party rule book
- 04Three years on, little for US and North Korea to build on from Singapore deal
- 05Everything you need to know about North Korea’s new Party rules
- 06Why new housing in Pyongyang is a survival strategy for Kim Jong Un
- 07How a North Korean ship changed hands multiple times in just over a decade
- 08Why do so many people believe Kim Jong Un holds absolute power?
- 09What Kim Jong Un wants from his local political leaders
- 10The North Korea policy problem: Realistic and achievable goals are not the same