N.Korea cyber attacks mistakenly down independent, gvt’ sites
Attempt to attack DPRK web presence led to outages on independent blogs, South Korean gvt sites
A U.S. hacking group’s attempt to attack North Korean web assets in the wake of a recent satellite launch also took independent North Korea sites, blogs and even South Korean government sites offline, NK Pros has learned.
New World Hackers, which describes itself as being “engaged in a cyber war with…anybody that violates human rights,” told NK Pro on Wednesday it was responsible for recent website outages of official North Korean media including the Rodong Sinmun, Voice of Korea and Korea Central News Agency (KCNA).
But despite previously describing multi-week efforts to
- 01What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 02How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 03Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 04State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 05Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 06What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 07How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 08Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea