Multiple high-rises and office buildings under construction in Rason City
New apartments, storage, office and hotel being built using Chinese construction methods, says S.Korean expert
New high-rises and other construction developments are currently underway in Rason City, photos taken in September and exclusively acquired by NK Pro show.
Construction projects underway appear to include apartments, storage units, a hotel and office buildings for businesses.
“I recently visited Yanji and Hunchun, China. These buildings bear striking similarities to the ones I have seen in China,” Dr. Lee Moo-song from the Construction Association of Korea told NK Pro.
A long time observer of North Korea’s construction business, Lee said the photos proved the strong influence that foreign currency, especially
- 01State media review: North Korea cries foul after IMO condemns missile launches
- 02Shunning isolation: North Korea’s forgotten attempt to build trade ties with UK
- 03North Korea has started testing new military drone, satellite imagery suggests
- 04North Korea demolishes homes around suspected nuclear site: Imagery
- 05Timeline: From North Korean satellite launch to Yoon-Kishida summit in Seoul
- 06State media review: North Korea says ‘no reason’ it can’t meet with Japan
- 07North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 08What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 09North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 10Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot