Multiple high-rises and office buildings under construction in Rason City
New apartments, storage, office and hotel being built using Chinese construction methods, says S.Korean expert
New high-rises and other construction developments are currently underway in Rason City, photos taken in September and exclusively acquired by NK Pro show.
Construction projects underway appear to include apartments, storage units, a hotel and office buildings for businesses.
“I recently visited Yanji and Hunchun, China. These buildings bear striking similarities to the ones I have seen in China,” Dr. Lee Moo-song from the Construction Association of Korea told NK Pro.
A long time observer of North Korea’s construction business, Lee said the photos proved the strong influence that foreign currency, especially
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 02State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 03Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 04North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 05Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament
- 06State media review: Pro-DPRK media says tensions may cause ‘unpredictable event’
- 07North Korea’s largest-ever banknote signals changes underfoot in monetary system
- 08North Korea careens from floods to drought, straining an already fragile system