Masikryong ski resort undergoing expansion, images reveal
Site has long been a marquee project for DPRK leadership, though humanitarian concerns persist
North Korea is expanding facilities at the Masikryong Ski resort, one of Kim Jong Un’s marquee tourism-related construction projects, images exclusively obtained by NK Pro show.
The photos, taken in late September, reveal multiple new buildings under construction around 250 meters from the main hotel facility, at the base of what appears to be one of the site’s ski slopes.
The development appears to be relatively recent, with satellite imagery from Planet Labs suggesting that construction began earlier this year.
Extensive foundations for the construction of the tiered buildings first appeared in
- 01Why Seoul’s foreign minister nominee won’t be able to score Moon more summits
- 02North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 03Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 04A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 05Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 06Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 07Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress
- 08So far, North Korea’s new economic plan is full of bad signs