Managing risk: what happens in the event of Kim Jong Un’s unexpected death?
In the absence of a clear successor, the North Korean leader's sudden passing could spark instability within the country
While speculation on Kim Jong Un’s whereabouts was mostly quelled after his reappearance at a ribbon-cutting event dated May 1, questions concerning his overall health continue.
And unless the North Korean leader makes major changes to improve his well being in the years ahead, it seems likely that the risk of unexpected surgery or sudden death will increase.
With recent media hysteria giving a taste of what may come should Kim be incapacitated or pass away unexpectedly, there could be major uncertainty in the event his health becomes a serious problem in the future.[/p
- 01China and North Korea are cozying up, but their connection looks conniving
- 02Why Seoul’s foreign minister nominee won’t be able to score Moon more summits
- 03North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 04Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 05A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 06Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 07Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 08Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress