Kim Jong Un’s luxury yachts active off coast around his visits to flooded farms
Imagery suggests North Korean leader may have used boats in Wonsan even as he projected image of handling food issues
Large luxury yachts belonging to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un appeared active off the coast of Wonsan over the weekend, around the time state media implied he was in the area, according to NK Pro analysis of satellite imagery.
The timing indicates Kim could have been using his yachts to relax off the east coast in secret even as he has recently sought to project an image of himself managing disaster response and taking care of food shortage issues.
Kim blamed local officials near Wonsan for flooding and praised military-led recovery efforts last week
- 01North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 02Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 03State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 04Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 05North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau
- 06RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East
- 07What the North Korean Red Guards’ new toys reveal about military modernization
- 08State media review: North Koreans ‘pine for’ Kim Jong Un as he travels abroad
- 09Bending the rules: How Russia could justify helping North Korea’s space program
- 10At cosmodrome, Kim Jong Un and Putin set stage for greater confrontation with US