Kim Jong Un’s delegation to Russia: who’s who?
Key foreign policy figures dropped from DPRK leader's summit entourage, analysis shows
For the first time, Pyongyang’s top foreign policy team members, Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol, did not accompany Kim Jong Un on a foreign trip, according to a list of Kim’s entourage to Russia released by North Korean state media Wednesday.
The only two foreign policy officials on the delegation list are foreign minister Ri Yong Ho and his deputy Choe Son Hui, both of who also rank lower than Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol on all major party and state organ listings.
The absence of Ri Su Yong
- 01After Kim’s Paektu visit, North Korea strongly hints at looming hard-line move
- 02What to make of Kim Jong Un’s impromptu visit to Mount Paektu this week
- 03On party founding anniversary, North Korea bolsters Kim Jong Un’s leadership
- 04Fueling the country: tracking North Korea’s growing number of gas stations
- 05North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
- 06“New ways of calculation”: Kim Myong Gil’s Stockholm press conference, in full
- 07The DPRK foreign ministry’s readout of Stockholm talks: key takeaways
- 08Why U.S.-North Korea talks in Sweden fell apart — and what might happen next