Kim Jong Un’s delegation to Russia: who’s who?
Key foreign policy figures dropped from DPRK leader's summit entourage, analysis shows
For the first time, Pyongyang’s top foreign policy team members, Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol, did not accompany Kim Jong Un on a foreign trip, according to a list of Kim’s entourage to Russia released by North Korean state media Wednesday.
The only two foreign policy officials on the delegation list are foreign minister Ri Yong Ho and his deputy Choe Son Hui, both of who also rank lower than Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol on all major party and state organ listings.
The absence of Ri Su Yong
- 01Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 02Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 03Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 04North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 05North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 06Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 07North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world