Kim Jong Un’s delegation to Russia: who’s who?
Key foreign policy figures dropped from DPRK leader's summit entourage, analysis shows
For the first time, Pyongyang’s top foreign policy team members, Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol, did not accompany Kim Jong Un on a foreign trip, according to a list of Kim’s entourage to Russia released by North Korean state media Wednesday.
The only two foreign policy officials on the delegation list are foreign minister Ri Yong Ho and his deputy Choe Son Hui, both of who also rank lower than Ri Su Yong and Kim Yong Chol on all major party and state organ listings.
The absence of Ri Su Yong
- 01How sanctions failed to stop North Korea from developing dangerous weapons tech
- 02‘Growing scope’ of North Korean nuclear weapons shown in unpublished UN report
- 03Photos: Shops, restaurants and Sinuiju port – a view from Dandong in July
- 04Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
- 05Why Lee In-young may be the most vocal and successful unification minister yet
- 06North Korean ships spotted returning to old coal smuggling routes near Vietnam
- 07North Korea in July 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08North Korea’s first suspected COVID-19 case sparks joy and censorship in China