Kim Jong Un spotted using armored Lexus luxury sedan
Vehicle features custom B6-level heavy-armor protection, expert says
Kim Jong Un was seen using a luxury Lexus sedan during a documentary that aired on state television in March, likely featuring custom-heavy armoring for defensive purposes.
The vehicle, which is a modified 2007-2012 design generation Lexus Luxury Sedan (LS) 460L, was seen being used by Kim in archive footage recorded during a July 2018 inspection of the Kangwon Provincial Tree Nursery on the Wonsan-Kalma peninsula.
Though the Lexus sedan is older and lower-end compared to some of Kim’s newer vehicles, such as the Mercedes Maybach S 600 or Rolls Royce Phantom, the pictures appear to
- 01What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 02North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 03At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 04October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 05How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 06How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity
- 07North Korean moderates need their power back — or nuclear talks won’t succeed
- 08From planes to stallions: North Korea’s Air Koryo breaks into the horse business