Kim Jong Un spotted using armored Lexus luxury sedan
Vehicle features custom B6-level heavy-armor protection, expert says
Kim Jong Un was seen using a luxury Lexus sedan during a documentary that aired on state television in March, likely featuring custom-heavy armoring for defensive purposes.
The vehicle, which is a modified 2007-2012 design generation Lexus Luxury Sedan (LS) 460L, was seen being used by Kim in archive footage recorded during a July 2018 inspection of the Kangwon Provincial Tree Nursery on the Wonsan-Kalma peninsula.
Though the Lexus sedan is older and lower-end compared to some of Kim’s newer vehicles, such as the Mercedes Maybach S 600 or Rolls Royce Phantom, the pictures appear to
- 01Change and consistency in North Korean markets: domestic vs global food prices
- 02North Korea’s upcoming Supreme People’s Assembly session: review and prospects
- 03ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 04North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 05Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 06Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 07North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 08North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next