Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 02Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 03What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 04North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 05At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 06October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 07How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 08How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity