Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01What to make of North Korea’s missile launching spree around Harris visit
- 02North Korean crops improve little despite Kim Jong Un’s food fixation
- 03Annexing Ukraine’s land makes clear Russia won’t cooperate on North Korea
- 04State media review: Farmers rejoice after receiving new harvest equipment
- 05North Korea slips down the agenda at UN General Assembly
- 06Foreign liquors, cosmetics among sanctioned goods on sale in Pyongyang: Photos
- 07Why sanctioning Tornado Cash may do little to curtail North Korean cyber crime
- 08Giant new campus in Pyongyang is military institute, exclusive images suggest