Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01Japan’s next leader has a chance to reshape the country’s North Korea policy
- 02After military parade, Kim Jong Un takes another two-week break from public view
- 03The contentious field of North Korean studies: Schools of thought and divisions
- 04NK Pro briefing: Why satellite imagery plays a critical role in DPRK research
- 05North Korean disinfection zone still not operating despite activity: imagery
- 06North Korea’s new train-launched missiles are impressive, but not a game-changer
- 07With foreign minister’s visit, China seeks to coax Seoul away from US
- 08South Korea’s new SLBMs are a signal to North Korea and the United States
- 09North Korean company may have acquired superalloy used in nukes, missiles: PoE
- 10Changes to North Korea’s Foreign Trade Law point to tightening of state control