Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01What we know about North Korea’s new cruise missiles
- 02North Korea’s long-range missiles pose the greatest threat to Seoul
- 03One of North Korea’s dirtiest businesses may be back amid border lockdown
- 04Restart of Yongbyon reactor reflects North Korea’s need for fissile material
- 05More of the same? Japan’s North Korea strategy under the next prime minister
- 06North Korea acquires two oil tankers through Chinese brokers: UN report
- 07Timeline: From US-ROK military drills to North Korea cutting the hotlines again
- 08North Korea preparing to hold military parade in coming months: imagery