Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01The View from Jingshan: In Chinese media, DPRK-U.S. relations get the spotlight
- 02How technology impacts foreign media consumption, and crackdowns, in North Korea
- 03Pro-North Korea website details how the country achieved “bumper crop” in 2019
- 04North Korea reshuffles its foreign policy top brass: potential implications
- 05North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
- 06Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 07In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 08Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields