Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01How the UN Panel of Experts on the DPRK compares to other investigative panels
- 02Kim Jong Un’s teary-eyed speech shows North Korea is in a dire situation
- 03North Korea’s new foreign minister may switch tactics after the US elections
- 04No mandate: Will the UN Panel of Experts disappear in the future?
- 05How Chinese netizens and state media reacted to North Korea’s giant new ICBM
- 06What the World Food Programme doesn’t know about North Korean agriculture
- 07What North Korea’s October military parade means for US policymakers
- 08North Korea’s sophisticated cyberattacks signal desperation — not aspiration