Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01How North Korean support for Russia and Hamas compels Seoul to pivot West
- 02State media review: North Korea to hold major political meeting to wrap up year
- 03From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 04Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 05Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 06Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 07North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 08State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal