Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01North Korea’s upcoming Supreme People’s Assembly session: review and prospects
- 02ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 03North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 05Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 06North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 07North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next
- 08North Korea appears to have taken control of junk vessel, now largest in fleet