Kim Jong Un seen with new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in recent appearance
Vehicle possibly USD$500,000+ armored “Guard” edition catered to heads of state
Kim Jong Un appears to have obtained a new Mercedes-Maybach luxury sedan, video broadcast last week and analyzed by NK Pro shows, likely representing another breach of United Nations sanctions which prohibit North Korea from importing luxury automobiles.
The vehicle, which stills show to be a new generation Mercedes-Maybach S 600, was seen driving to the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee building on January 31 and alongside Kim Jong Un at a photo session with an art delegation the same day.
But close-up pictures of the rear-door bodywork showed layering inconsistent with the standard edition
- 01Great expectations: four ways a Trump-Kim meeting could happen in 2020
- 02Why Kim Yo Jong isn’t shutting the door to diplomacy with the U.S. just yet
- 03Wollo-ri: nuclear warhead storage area, manufacturing site, or military academy?
- 04Satellite internet in North Korea: past, present, and future
- 05Six months since border closures, fears of COVID-19 mount in North Korea
- 06North Korea’s July Politburo meeting: what was discussed and why it matters
- 07How Moon’s diplomatic and security reshuffle may impact North Korea
- 08From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea